I don’t think that there is anything, besides of course your content, that is more than your title. Without a catchy title, you would have no one reading your posts. Plain and simple.
Listed here are my TOP 5 suggestions for how you can achieve that catchy blog title.
- Always write your headline first. It helps maintain your focus while writing your post and provides an end goal to work toward.
- Outline the benefits. When selecting your blog title, you must provide a clear and concise message to your readers outlining the benefits within your post. If you can continually deliver on the benefits mentioned in your title, you will secure new loyal readers for life.
- Consider your target audience. You will need to have a very good handle on exactly who you are writing for if you are going to appeal to your audience. What are their interests? What information could they be seeking out for? What keywords or phrases would jump out on them? Continue to draw them in with the content of your post.
- Use exciting words in your title. This might seem a little obvious, but it is very important. Would you rather read “13 new ways to accomplish ???” or “13 fabulous ways to rock ???”. One is just more appealing plain and simple.
- Use subheadings. This is extremely important and even improves the SEO rating of your posts. Your subheadings should be as exciting and eye-catching as your main title. They will also serve to make your post more readable for your audience, who tend to scan articles, grabbing onto these subheadings for further information.