I believe that goal setting is important for all of us. Even more so if you are dealing with big dream ideas or looming deadlines. This can apply to fitness, money, employment, and so on.
I recommend keeping your goals simple, but not too vague, so that they are achievable and you can give yourself a pat on the back once in a while.
Like so many of us, I like to take advantage of the new year to set my own simple set of goals.
So here they are, in no particular order, my TOP TEN things that I hope to accomplish in 2016… and beyond!
- I’d like to plan out my editorial calendar for an entire year. At present, I have planned posts for only a few months in advance of posting. I feel that having an idea of what my entire year looks like would make creating content a much easier process.
- Much like my first goal, I would like to have posts written 4 months in advance of posting. Currently, I have posts written about 2 months in advance of posting. Creating a back log of 4 months worth of posts will allow me some leeway to have some time away from my computer and always be on top of things behind the scenes.
- I would like to lose some weight. Blarg. Not any particular number in mind, I would just like to drop some pounds.
- Speaking to goal #3, I would like to become more active. There is a community centre around the corner from my house where I plan to get a membership so I can have access to their gym and pool facilities. Fun!
- Also speaking to goal #3, I would like to start jogging. My little sister, who is a daily runner, is moving to my town and I would like to start jogging with her as often as I can. I am anticipating a lot of early morning enjoyment with my sibling and a good deal of weight loss to boot!
- I would like to create a ‘Beekeeper’s Quilt‘. I have wanted to tackle one of these puppies for quite a while now. I haven’t bothered because I found the pattern intimidating, in spite of a beginner ranking on Ravelry. I think that I am finally ready for it. Should keep me company over a long cold Canadian winter. I will post pictures of my progress and results!
- I would like to kick my nicotine supplements. I quit smoking in April 2015. Hooray for me!! In order to quit, I started taking nicotine supplements in the form of lozenges and gum. It’s been about 10 months now and I think that it’s time to wean myself off of these supplements. I think that it should be a fairly easy task, now that I have managed to kick cigarettes, but I am still nervous.
- Cut back on the TV time. This one might be a little more difficult for me, as I am a total addict. When I was a kid, I spent all of my time out of doors and in nature. It left me feeling youthful and inspired and I long to feel that way again. I don’t think that that can be accomplished while I am still attached to that big black box.
- Spend more time outside. This one might relate to #8, as once I get away from the television I will be able to get outside. I have 4 dogs, so I am more or less forced outside several times a day to attend to certain “duties”. However, I would like to enjoy my time outside a little more. I could go jogging with my sister, like I mentioned in #5, or I could start taking longer walks with my dogs. I would love to start carrying around my camera, so I can take pictures as I enjoy the outside. Maybe even get some blog post ideas.
- Last, but not least, I would like to do a complete overhaul of my wardrobe. This might be a bit of a selfish goal, but it’s my goal, nonetheless. I have lots of vintage pieces that I am absolutely in love with, some of which may not fit anymore, some I have simply had for too long. Maybe it’s time to renew and refresh! I would like to get myself some staple pieces and some items for a night out or a professional meeting.
Well, that’s my list. It’s just a general outline of some of the things that I would like to accomplish over the year to come. I think that it is very simple and to the point and, most importantly, it is achievable!
So, what does your list look like?? Share your TOP 5 goals for 2016 in the comments below. I would love to hear what you all are striving for.
Besides, once you put your list out into the world, you become more accountable.
Together, we can make 2016 the best year yet!